Using Hypnotherapy to achieve weight control
Have diet plans worked for a short while only to find that you've started to put the weight back on again?
Do you want a different plan this time, a different approach?
Do you want to stop constantly thinking about food, constantly thinking about what you can and can't eat and just enjoy life?
Do you want to ban that demotivating word 'diet' from your vocabulary?
Do you want to feel more in control, have more energy, feel more confident about yourself?
Did you know that you already have everything inside of you that you need to succeed?
Hypnotherapy is different because:
1. It helps you to really notice the emotions behind why you eat at times other than when you are hungry. It addresses these emotions and puts in place new, healthier, more positive ways of meeting these emotions.
2. It can address confidence issues by raising your self esteem and dissolving negative self beliefs.
3. It can help you to access unconscious habits. You know the times when you think "I just can't seem to stop myself from doing that no matter how determined I am"? that's because often the reason for doing it is buried deep in your suconscious and the chances are it has been since childhood. Other habits might be more conscious, possibly still from childhood but on a more conscious level such as disliking waste and not being able to leave food on your plate.
4. It can help to motivate you to make healthier food choices, exercise more and even increase your metabolism.
5. It can stop food cravings in their tracks.
What will we work on together?
Each person is individual and we will work on your own individual needs, beliefs and the changes YOU want to create a Plan of Transformation. This will include for example:
Helping you to become aware of the underlying emotions that you are feeling when you eat at times other than when you're hungry. With hypnotherapy we will talk about these emotions and put in place new, healthier, more positive ways of having these emotions met.
Any guilt that you are feeling about food for example, feeling the need to deprive yourself of all of the foods that you enjoy otherwise you have failed or, feeling that you need to deprive yourself in order to be successful and the guilt that follows.
The feeling that you are constantly thinking about food, obsessed with food I have heard it described as.
Understanding unconscious habits. You know the times when you think "I just can't seem to stop myself from doing that no matter how motivated I start out"? that's because your subconscious mind is running the show and the reasons you feel certain ways are buried deep, often stemming from childhood. A common habit is being unable to leave food on the plate or unable to put food in the bin.
Increasing motivation and metabolism.
Stopping food cravings in their tracks.
So what actually is hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a way of working with your unconscious mind without your conscious mind interfering/getting in the way. Your unconscious mind is where all of your habits and behaviours have been stored right from the day you were born. It is here where changes can be made.
How will I feel during hypnosis?
Hypnotherapy is a state that we enter naturally, many times, every day of our lives, so if you have ever wondered whether hypnotherapy is for you or how it will feel for you, you can feel reassured that you have already felt it many times! You enter hypnosis naturally when you are engrossed in a good book or watching a great film, you tune everything else that is going on around you, that is the state of hypnosis and how we work with hypnotherapy in the therapy room is just the same.
Hypnosis feels different to everyone. There is no feeling associated with hypnosis that everyone will or should feel, however it feels is what is right for you.
Will I be in control?
Yes, at all times. It is not possible for the Hypnotherapist to make you do anything you don't want to do. You will not be unconscious or put to sleep and it is not possible to become stuck in a hypnotic trance. Remember it is a state that you have entered naturally, every day, many times.
What do I do next?
Get in touch for a FREE 30 minute chat to see whether this programme is right for you by completing the contact form here or giving me a call on 07375 940 508.